Mittwoch, 9. Juli 2008

Photos 2.3: Puerto Lopez

for those on whom words are lost - piccie time :-)



Señor (o señora) Alcatraz skimming the waves in the wide bay that is the port of Puerto Lopez




The local pterodactyl sub-species










80 pounds worth of fish, that´s what these guys were weighing around 8am.




Small fry - literally, since people came to get what I can only assume must be their breakfast.




Fishermen tucking into their breakfast of fried fish at 8am.



I used this as the header to my last post, since that's what I felt like when I got back out of the bus after 4 hours of not getting anywhere... and I didn't have a pic of a beached whale handy.









Most of the newer & bigger boats are made from fiberglass (I think), but some of the nice small and older ones are wooden.




View from the Cafe La Ballena on to the beach.




Lounge on comfortable chairs at the beachside cocktail bars



There's a slight air of decay to the place, that makes it really charming!




My footprints in the sand... just before being swallowed up by the sea.




Keine Kommentare: