Montag, 7. Juli 2008

Next Steps in Ecuador

Right, after two whole days of not doing ANYTHING in Puerto Lopez, save reading, I finally got my act together today and visited PN Machalilla and the Playa Los Frailes. Evidence of which shows up on my skin as reddish discoloration.

It's about time to move on, although the PN itself would probably be worth hanging around in for another day or two. However, in my infinite wisdom *cough*, I have decided that Riobamba should be my next destination. From there, I plan on going to the Devil's nose and do a few day hikes, either close by around Volcan Chimborazo (¡el volcán más alto de Ecuador, si señor!) or Cotopaxi. Baños is also on my list, to relax in hot water while taking in the mountain view.

Then roundabout the 14th of July, our little 3-day trek should get underway, so I believe a few of us will meet up a few days earlier in Cuenca to sort everything out.

Right, so tomorrow - maybe as early as 7 a.m. - I'm off to Guayaquil (4-5 hours) and from there to Riobamba (another 5-6 hours, probably).

Now I'm off to have Ceviche de Pescado and maybe a la Plancha tambien, since I'm a slob and the main courses are 3-4 USD a pop.

Bye for now.

(oh and I did go swimming in the Pacific today, btw ;-) Small waves, warm water, sun and the beach to dry my clothes - what more could you want?)

(oh, and the cocktails are 1-2 dollars! Yeah!)

Keine Kommentare: