Dienstag, 9. September 2008

trekking & camping

Right, even though my day has been filled with reading and general laziness, I have managed to circumvent the apparent impossibility of getting out of the city for more than a few hours ("¿Parque Nacional Aconcagua? No, hay demasiado nieve/es demasiado temprano/el temporal es demasiado fuerte" blablabla) by booking a one-day hike - they call it a trek, but it really doesn't seem like one - and possibly staying on at a small lake with my tent and sleeping bag for the night, before being picked up the next day (hopefully).

Will be taking off with bags packed for that possibility tomorrow, and if it turns out the wind/temperatures are too much for my crap equipment, I'll head back disappointed but safe. However, if it looks like I might survive a night on my own there, I'll sure as hell be staying to fight off the odd rat or feral cat.

In any case, I will be taking a bottle of wine along for the trip, so the day & night shouldn't be a total bust. Tried finding other people to go, but they're disappointingly conventional.


Wish me luck.

Keine Kommentare: