Dienstag, 2. September 2008

ATMs

Okay so I'm getting jaded and sidetracked again, you might say:

so I've been to the Salar de Uyuni - spectacular - I've frozen my arse off on the shores of Laguna Colorada after getting up at 4:45am - *grumble* - I went for a dip in the hot springs on the shores of a laguna in the middle of the desert - soooo good! - and I've finally made my way to San Pedro de Atacama in northern Chile, where it's FINALLY warm again in the evenings.

BUT, since Uyuni was in the grips of a 4-day power cut and things in San Pedro seem downright loopy, all ATMs have been either out of order or out of money (in a tourist town at that!) since the 27th of August... and THAT's ticking me off majorly.

Can't stay, for want of money (San Pedro is expensive), can't leave, because I'm 1000 Chilean Pesos short of the fare for Salta, can't use my cards because contrary to the big VISA or MC signs on the doors "sorry, we can only do card transactions for groups of 5 people or more!", can't get tanked because that'd leave me even worse off!

Aaaarrrggh!

So I'm wasting a bit of what cash I have left writing my troubles away... and I can tell you it's not working!

Apart from that, I'm good, thank you for asking.

Keine Kommentare: