Dienstag, 9. September 2008

Photos 4.6: The last stretch toward Chile

We kept going on the second day in the jeep along deeply rutted paths through the desert toward the stone tree (Arbol de Piedra), that I found nice but not particularly inspiring (photographically).

I've taken a lot of panorama shots over the course of the trip that need to be pieced together some time soon, so that's why there are so few other pictures from this stretch of the journey.



Jeep tracks were everywhere in the desert, especially as we approached highlights like the Arbol de Piedra or the like. You're definitely not alone out here!



Laguna roja (colorada? I can't remember...) with its red algae on which flamingos feast.



Fabrizio went for a wander toward the lake at sunset along with everyone else but was the only one who could be persuaded to make a fool of himself ;-) Grazie!



No, I'm not posing as Leonardo DiCaprio on bloody Titanic, this is more of a case of the wind blowing mightily in my face whilst I¡m standing on top of a hill that slopes down to the warm waters entering the lake.



Flamingos congregating in the setting sun make for spots of bright light on the dark surface of the lake's waters.



I think this above may have been one of the few pictures I took on the bloody freezing third morning of our trip. Slept badly (because of the cold inside my longjohns & thermals, inside my sleeping bag, underneath 3 blankets, inside the uninsulated and unheated barracks we slept in), woke up at 4:45 and drove for an hour or so until we arrived at the Geysers at sunrise. Never have I been so cold in my life. I swear that the windchill was such that, wearing my finger-free bike gloves, I got back in the cars and had to shake vigorously for nigh on 15 minutes for any feeling or colour to come back to them!



The Laguna Verde wasn't spectacularly green, seen from its shore. A few days later, I met up in San Pedro with Nicholas again, a french biker we had given a lift to and who decided to hop off close to the laguna. He said that, when seen from the top of one of the mountains nearby, the water was amazingly green. I wait for proof.

This is where my Boivian picture-taking draws to a close, since I made a very very short selection of decent ones to upload, couldn't access the RAW-Format ones and haven't had time to collate the panoramas. So bear with me and you may see some other nice ones come forth in future.

Apart from that, thank you to my co-travellers. I couldn't have wished to meet a nicer bunch of people. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your holidays in Bolivia!

Keine Kommentare: