Dienstag, 3. Juni 2008

I'm looking forward to ... - #2

Bolivia - Parque Nacional Madidi

"...features the greatest biodiversity of the earth's protected regions." Perversely enough, that puts me in a mind to strap on my hiking boots and tread on some rare creepy-crawlies... okay, I'm kidding. But apparently 10% of all the world's known avian species were sighted here - wow that's something.

There's an eco-lodge there that's prohibitively expensive by South American standards (3 days, $280 per Person all inclusive - are you kidding me?) but it's billed as a model of sustainable tourism, the profits going directly to the indigenous community; plus it apparently has "an extensive trail system, excellent meals and night hikes".

So I'm thinking I might just splurge on this, provided I have enough money left by the time I cross the border to Bolivia from Peru,





Ecuador - Parque Nacional Machalilla

This may actually be the first "big" thing I'll do upon arrival: just chill on the beach in Ecuador for a few days.

"isolated beaches, coral formations, two offshore islands, tropical dry forest, coastal cloud forest, archaeological sites"

May end up camping in the park or staying 5kms away in Puerto Lopez "chipped blue fishing boats bob on a beautiful fishhook bay and cheerful hotels ... slow smiles, happy cafés, and a dirt-road pace of life make it tough to leave." Sounds like a good way to ease into the country and get a final fill of the seaside before it's mountains, mountains and nothing but mountains for weeks thereafter.






Oh, and I forgot to mention I probably need Malaria prevention meds for both of those destinations. Take Malarone for a day before entering the area all the way up to 7 days after leaving it. Side-effects ought to be bearable...

2 Kommentare:

daphne hat gesagt…

Salut cousin,
je voulais juste vérifier que j'avais bien compris comment laisser un commentaire...

daphne hat gesagt…

ah oui, c'est bon, ça a marché!! cool!
A+
Daphné