Sonntag, 24. August 2008

Parque Nacional Madidi - 2 - Serere



Still on the first afternoon of my trip, having just arrived in Serere, Rodolfo and I made for the jungle paths for a short exploration of the surrounding area.



This appeared to mean he'd occasionally put himself in mortal peril - within easy reach of the cayman population while attracting them with throaty coughs...



...and although they didn't take a bite out of him, a curious specimen found the action enticing enough to observe us closely from no more than 3 meters.



Birds are plentiful around the lodge, being built right on a rather large lake with lots of reed around the edges.



The sunset was really something to behold, as the howler monkeys started up their characteristic chant...



... as caymans came up to gaze curiously from a safe distance...



... and the reed and trees were perfectly still, due to the absence of any wind at all.



If it hadn't been for the mozzies - and thank god for Autan forte, my trusty 99% reliable insect repellant - I could have stayed there for hours.



I even got to see the Milky Way, stretching across the night sky as a band of white-ish stars, which I did my pathetic best to capture while not being eaten alive by either the mozzies or the sneaky caymans coming up from the lake for a midnight snack.

Keine Kommentare: